CENTRE FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING, UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW, LEADER OF THE INTERNATIONAL PROJECT ‘FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING IN HIGHER EDUCATION’ (FAB)
‘Formative Assessment in Foreign Language Teaching’
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the Formative Assessment in Foreign Language Teaching Conference, which will be held at the University of Warsaw on September 19, 2017.
The conference is addressed to both scholars and practitioners:
- language teachers from institutions of higher education, secondary schools and language centres,
- other parties interested in the subject matter.
Participation is free of charge. Please note that the number of places is limited.
Conference languages: Polish, English
Conference Registration Form [click here] Registration for the conference has been closed. We have reached the maximum number of registrations for the event. Thank you for your interest!
We welcome proposals for papers and workshops on formative assessment in foreign language teaching. Suggested topics may include:
- formative assessment tools,
- teaching and learning techniques/strategies,
- improving student motivation,
- challenges of assessment in daily teaching practice.
Abstracts of approximately 300 words should be submitted to the organising committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 14, 2017. The document should contain (1) title of presentation (2) author(s) name(s), (3) affiliation, (4) body of abstract [see abstract template]
The standard length of presentations will be 15 minutes for papers and 45 minutes for workshops.
Detailed information on matters related to the conference will be announced at a later date at the FAB Project website.
Please feel free to forward this message to colleagues who may be interested in the theme of the conference.
We would like to thank you in advance for your contribution and look forward to having the opportunity to discuss and disseminate your work.
On behalf of the organising committee,
CENTRE FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING, UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW – LEADER OF THE INTERNATIONAL PROJECT ‘FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT FOR FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING IN HIGHER EDUCATION’ (FAB)
Plenary speakers confirmed so far:
- Dr Grażyna Czetwertyńska – Artes Liberales, University of Warsaw
- Jon Hird – Oxford University
- Dr Jo Lewkowicz – University of Warsaw; King’s College London
- Dr Grzegorz Śpiewak – Macmillan
- Deadline for abstracts: April 14, 2017
- Conference programme: TBA
- Conference: September 19, 2017
- Main Auditorium of the ‘old’ BUW building (former University library), ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa